PPE – Personal Protective Equipment – as the name implies, the equipment is supposed to protect us from falling, thus giving us full safety in working at height. There is no doubt that our health and lives are at stake here.
Before each use, the equipment should be checked, in addition to the law itself mandates regular inspection of such equipment.
- Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/425 of 9.03.2016 on personal protective equipment and repealing Council Directive 89/686/EEC.
- Regulation of the Minister of Economy of 21.12.2005 on the essential requirements for personal protective equipment.
- PN-EN 365 standard.
For the sake of your and your employees’ safety, we perform authorised periodic reviews of PPE.
As part of the review:
- we inspect the technical condition of the equipment,
- equipment that has passed the inspection we mark with an inspection sticker – seal, which contains the date of the next required inspection,
- we prepare a report on the inspection carried out.
Once a year, the required inspection of equipment is carried out. In case of events that could damage the equipment, a special inspection should be performed.
Who can perform the inspection?
PPE inspections can only be performed by a person who is certified to do so. PPE inspectors are trained by manufacturers of high-altitude equipment.
We are certified brand inspectors:
How to prepare equipment for inspection?
Equipment to be inspected should be clean and have a visible name and identification number. Textile parts of the equipment and helmets should have no traces of paint, markers, grease, stickers.
IMPORTANT: equipment that does not allow for identification shall be taken out of service and be surrendered for disposal.
PPE equipment also has an expiration date, which is set by the manufacturer, after which time the equipment must be taken out of service.
We also offer inspections of fixed belay systems and ladders.